Related Product: Icebreaker Games ebook
My dad knows about hard work. The quote of his post retirement days is “I’ve got a lot of weekends and holidays to catch up on!” as he plans another vacation. As a small scale dairy farmer, he worked 7 days a week for over 40 years, at work by 5am and in at 7pm. His work ethic rubbed off on me and here are 10 hard work quotes to inspire your inner entrepreneur;
- “I’m a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it.” Thomas Jefferson, 3rd president of the United States.
- “The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.” Vidal Sassoon, entrepreneur.
- “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”Thomas Edison, inventor and scientist.
- “Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory.”Mahatma Gandhi, political and spiritual leader.
- “The critical ingredient is getting off your butt and doing something. It’s as simple as that. A lot of people have ideas, but there are few who decide to do something about them now. Not tomorrow. Not next week. But today. The true entrepreneur is a doer, not a dreamer.” Nolan Bushnell, founder of Atari and Chuck E. Cheese’s.
- “An overnight success can take 10 years.” Unknown.
- “Showing up every day isn’t enough. There are a lot of guys who show up every day who shouldn’t have showed up at all.” James Caan ,UK Dragon and entrepreneur.
- “Genius is 1% inspiration, and 99% perspiration.” Thomas Edison, inventor and scientist.
- “If you think you’re too small to have an impact, try going to bed with a mosquito.” Anita Roddick, founder of The Body Shop.
- “Believe in yourself, never give up and go about your business with passion, drive and enthusiasm.” Peter Jones, UK Dragon and entrepreneur.
I put these hard work quotes together for my husband who is a business coach for our local high school in the Young Enterprise Scotland scheme. These quotes shun the pervasive overnight celebrity culture, where being some-one’s “best friend forever” is prized over honest graft to reach your goals. Before my inner grumpy old lady takes over, I’ll let you get off and get your hands dirty with some hard work!
Download ’10 hard work quotes to inspire your inner entrepreneur’ in pdf format